Deposit and Payment Policies
Once a date has been agreed upon, you will be sent a contract and an invoice. In order to hold these dates, you must read, sign, date, and mail a copy of the contract to YLCC along with the deposit payment. Failure to do so by the date indicated on your invoice will result in the cancellation of your booking, and your dates will no longer be held.
Your dates are not secure until the deposit is received.
Please be as accurate as possible when estimating how many students will attend the program.
Look at the attendance history of your other school trips. If your booking numbers are not close
to your actual numbers, we cannot properly staff or provide food and might not even be able to
accommodate your group.
Minimum Group Size
The minimum group size that YLCC will accommodate is 15 participants not including advisors/supervisors. If your participant numbers decrease below 15, you will be billed for 15 participants until the minimum is met.
30 Days Prior to Arrival:
If you contact YLCC a minimum of 30 days before your arrival date, your invoice can be changed to reflect an increase or decrease of 25% of your originally booked number. If your attendance number decreases by more than 25% of the originally booked number, your invoice will only be reduced by 25%. If YLCC can accommodate an increase of more than 25%, the extra cost will be added to your invoice. For example, if your retreat was originally booked for 50 persons and you contact YLCC a minimum of 30 days prior to your arrival date, you can change the attendance number to be anywhere between 37 and 62. If you would like to change the duration of your retreat, we must be advised a minimum of 30 days before your arrival date.
Less Than 30 Days and up to 7 Days Prior to Arrival:
If you contact YLCC 30 days or less and up to 7 days prior to your arrival date, your invoice can be changed to reflect an increase or decrease of 20% of your originally booked number. If there is a decrease by more than 20% of the originally booked number, your invoice can only be reduced by 20%. For example, if your retreat was booked for 50 persons, and you contact YLCC up to 7 days prior to your arrival date, your invoice can be changed to reflect numbers anywhere between 45 and 55.
No changes will be made to the invoice on or after arrival.
For example, if the last invoice that was sent to you before the retreat noted 50 persons, and if you arrive with 48, you will be billed for
**No number changes can be made within 7 days prior to your arrival date.**
Changes to the dates or duration of your retreat may not be made less than 30 days prior to your arrival date. If your stay turns out to be shorter than originally booked, you will be billed for the originally booked duration.
1. To reserve your date, a 20% non-refundable, a non-Transferable security deposit is due by the date shown on your invoice.
2. **Final payment is due 7 days prior to your arrival at YLCC**. If a cheque has not been provided from your school or organization, the group organizer will be required to put the balance owing on a personal or company credit card in order to avoid a late payment fee (see Additional Payment Policies below for details on late payment fees), and to ensure that program can proceed.
3. We accept credit cards, debit cards, cheques, bank transfers, bank drafts, EFT payments, e-transfers and cash payments.
Additional Payment Policies
1. YLCC reserves the right to withhold program and food services if payment and/or payment arrangements have not been made prior to the arrival of your group.
2. YLCC will charge a late payment fee of 2% +HST of total cost if full payment is not made 7 days prior to arrival. A further 2% +HST of the total cost will be added per month or part thereof that passes in which full payment is not made.
3. YLCC reserves the right to apply a minimum charge of $100+HST per hour for additional time spent on site after the agreed departure time of the retreat.
4. There will be a minimum charge of $100+HST for any damage caused to the property owned by YLCC. Any additional costs will be calculated and charged to the organizer.
5. If the site is deemed excessively dirty as a direct result of your group’s actions, there will be a minimum charge of $200+HST for additional cleaning. Any additional costs will be calculated and charged to the organizer.
2022: All deposits are refundable less a 2% administration fee, in the case of government-mandated closure of the property or school board cancellation of all student trips due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic.
For all other circumstances, YLCC does not issue cash, cheque refunds or credits. Please ensure that you have undertaken proper planning to make your visit to YLCC a success. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
YLCC reserves the right to cancel any retreat without notice if the above policies are not followed.